This week the CodeArena Audit Competition goes live — safe to say this is pretty exciting! Be sure to follow along on the codeArena website.
The team continues to refine and ship improvements but the audit is the next major milestone for Spartan Protocol contributors focus.
Last week SpartanProtocol — Road to V2 (Cont.) Medium article dropped to set the scene for a busy few weeks. focusing on confirming the official channels and contracts to make sure we can all follow along with “don’t trust, verify”.
It also highlighted the importance that now is the time to withdraw your remaining funds from pools and to upgrade them to the V2 Token.
Spartan Protocol — Road to V2 (cont.)
CodeArena Audit | V2 Contracts | Important Addresses and Information
Still some wallets of SPARTAv1 tokens that need some V2 upgrade love — please take the time to understand how and prepare your tokens.
CodeArena Audit — Begins 15th July 2021
We still need your support, all donations help ensure the V2 Protocol contracts get a thorough review from many angles.
If you can donate, big or small, every contribution helps this community project achieve its full goal of $96k as soon as possible to ensure that Spartan Protocol is in a prime position to release the V2 contracts and DApp onto mainnet.
Donate Here: — https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/codearena
No problems; upgrade today
You can use the Spartan Protocol Upgrade DApp to upgrade your SPARTAv1 tokens to SPARTAv2 yourself.
Upgrade DApp — https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/upgrade
Bit-Rush Crypto has created a video guide on using the SpartanProtocol Upgrade DApp — timestamp 3:20. Nice work SPARTANS!!
Community contributors have been putting in the time to update and refine the main webpage for Spartan Protocol. Feedback, suggestions and contributions are welcome. Reach out in the telegram channels if you want to help.
Spartan Protocol | Liquidity Protocol on Binance Smart Chain
Spartan Protocol provides community-governed and programmable token emissions functions to incentivize the formation of…
Some new & old community members have put their hands up recently to help get the Spartan Protocol GitBook to reflect current progress and iterations of the protocol — head over and check it out to learn more.
This will be an ongoing focus for the wider community to contribute towards.
Spartan Socials — Twitter
Top Community Mention:
SpartanSocials — Medium
SpartanSocials — Telegram
Phase 1 — SPARTA V2 (Token) — Completed!
Phase 2 — Spartan Protocol V2 (Protocol) — In Progress
SPARTA V2 (Token)
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Work with the centralised exchanges (CEX) listing SPARTA to ensure that SPARTA holders all have their tokens upgraded as simply as possible. It is expected that CEX holders will not need to perform any specific actions to have their tokens exchanged for V2 tokens (Binance, BKEX, MXC etc)
- ONGOING — Work with DEXs & aggregators to ensure the new SPARTA token address is added to their lists as the primary address for SPARTA (retiring the previous contract address) (1inch, PancakeSwap etc)
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Work with token-tracking informational websites to ensure new token info is added and verified (BSCscan, CoinGecko, CoinMarketCap etc)
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Continued updating and stringent testing of V2 contracts to suit the changes made against the base token contract, and ensure the V2 contract suite is in a complete and stable position ready for a CodeArena community review and bounty period
- BOOKED: 15/07/2021 — Put the contracts through a code review process on CodeArena.
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Continue the code review process within the community
- COMPLETED — Update the V2 DApp to suit any required contract changes/upgrades
- COMPLETED — Create DAO hub for proposal management (This was extended to a complete DAO instead of simple-DAO)
- COMPLETED — Test bond process from start to finish via UI (propose bond allocation, vote it in, finalise it, and then proceed to bond assets and test the weight from that in the DAOVault, and other proposals)
- COMPLETED — Rip out all the old libraries and rebuild using one component library; refactor and cleanup style sheets as we go to reduce the overall project size ready for larger-scale community contribution on mainnet
- COMPLETED — Add a calculable APY figure to the SynthVault
- IN PROGRESS — Set up a reliable index of history scoped to contracts (use this for positions page etc)
Phase 3 — Deploy & Iterate (Dependent on CodeArena Completion)
- Assess codeArena audit feedback and make changes where required
- Deploy Protocol V2 to Binance Smart Chain mainnet
- Enable Bond allocations to replenish TVL into the V2 pools
- Deploy Lending to testnet
- March onwards with our original goals of building the decentralised, yield-generating, solo staking, leveraged synthetics and derivatives + lending protocol on Binance Smart Chain
GitHub Activity — SpartanContractsV2
- Quick readme update to get it in line with the V2 structure
- Added comments
- Formatting cleanup
- calcBondedLP() — removed state-change and fixed potential bug with bonder’s final claim
- claimForMember() — moved claimRate zero-out state change to this function (from calcBondedLP())
- decreaseWeight() — changed interface-derived token arg to use the provided local arg ‘asset’ instead
- Changed most ‘public’ functions to ‘external’
- Added checks to the ‘payables’ (_handleTransferIn && _handleTransferOut)
- Inherit decmials from Layer1 token
GitHub Activity — SpartanDAppV2
- Updated Greek translations
Other GitHub Activity
- Ongoing work on a historical indexer (ie. subgraph)
- Preparations made for an in-house blog; most likely using Ghost CMS
- Preparations for CodeArena (information/guide for Wardens etc)
- Website: https://spartanprotocol.org/
- DApp: https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/
- GitBook (Docs): https://docs.spartanprotocol.org/
- GitHub: https://github.com/spartan-protocol
Spartan Protocol is at its core, a community-driven and led project. In this vein, the more contributors the better. There is a great opportunity for community members to contribute by making LP reward analysis tools, etc.
Recently, community members have been graciously funnelling in to contribute to explainer articles, ideas and even $SPARTA donations to support the growth of the platform.
Engage with the community and contributors
Where to find out about all the latest updates or suggest improvements — get involved.
- Medium: https://medium.com/spartanprotocol
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/spartanprotocol
- Telegram Community: https://t.me/spartanprotocolorg
- Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/spartanprotocolann
- Community-Built Discord: https://discord.gg/wQggvntnGk
Community Bounty Wallet
Whilst there is no treasury nor contributor allocations, there was a public community bounty wallet set up a while ago to help handle donations from the community and other incentive programs (BNB from the Binance BUIDl program was sent here) which can be viewed here: