2nd last week of July; codeArena contest completed and post-contest work begins
This week saw the completion of the codeArena Audit contest!
First off, we want to take the opportunity to express the gratitude of the community to codeArena and the wardens that were involved in the process; it’s clear from the thoughtful and considered feedback that the security specialists have a passion for and depth of knowledge in DeFi auditing.
Spartans set a new record for participation with over 20 security researchers submitting multiple suggestions of improvements, as well as some good enhancement ideas.
Please give some time for the feedback to be sorted through appropriately and with due consideration. Spartans will recognise in the DeFi community it is important to take the time to get this right.
Spartans set new record for Code4rena audit contest participation
Code4rena audit contests hit a high water mark this week, with the Spartan Protocol contest drawing over 20 security…
We still need your support
We still need your support. All donations help ensure the V2 Protocol contracts get a thorough review from many angles.
If you can donate, big or small, every contribution helps this community project achieve its full goal of $96k as soon as possible to ensure that Spartan Protocol is in a prime position to release the V2 contracts and DApp onto mainnet.
Donate Here: — https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/codearena
Its time to upgrade your tokens
No problems; upgrade today
You can use the Spartan Protocol Upgrade DApp to upgrade your SPARTAv1 tokens to SPARTAv2 yourself.
Upgrade DApp — https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/upgrade
Bit-Rush Crypto has created a video guide on using the SpartanProtocol Upgrade DApp — timestamp 3:20. Nice work SPARTANS!!
Spartan Socials — Twitter
Top Community Mention:
SpartanSocials — Medium
SpartanSocials — Telegram
Phase 1 — SPARTA V2 (Token) — Completed!
Phase 2 — Spartan Protocol V2 (Protocol) — In Progress
SPARTA V2 (Token)
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Work with the centralised exchanges (CEX) listing SPARTA to ensure that SPARTA holders all have their tokens upgraded as simply as possible. It is expected that CEX holders will not need to perform any specific actions to have their tokens exchanged for V2 tokens (Binance, BKEX, MXC etc)
- ONGOING — Work with DEXs & aggregators to ensure the new SPARTA token address is added to their lists as the primary address for SPARTA (retiring the previous contract address) (1inch, PancakeSwap etc)
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Work with token-tracking informational websites to ensure new token info is added and verified (BSCscan, CoinGecko, CoinMarketCap etc)
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Continued updating and stringent testing of V2 contracts to suit the changes made against the base token contract, and ensure the V2 contract suite is in a complete and stable position ready for a CodeArena community review and bounty period
- COMPLETED: 15/07/2021 — Put the contracts through a code review process on CodeArena
- COMMENCED — Review all codeArena feedback, prioritise and action relevant recommendations
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Continue the code review process within the community
- COMPLETED — Update the V2 DApp to suit any required contract changes/upgrades
- COMPLETED — Create DAO hub for proposal management (This was extended to a complete DAO instead of simple-DAO)
- COMPLETED — Test bond process from start to finish via UI (propose bond allocation, vote it in, finalise it, and then proceed to bond assets and test the weight from that in the DAOVault, and other proposals)
- COMPLETED — Rip out all the old libraries and rebuild using one component library; refactor and cleanup style sheets as we go to reduce the overall project size ready for larger-scale community contribution on mainnet
- COMPLETED — Add a calculable APY figure to the SynthVault
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Set up a reliable index of history scoped to contracts (use this for positions page etc)
- IN PROGRESS — Use the new testnet subgraph to build a more lightweight positions page for V2
Phase 3 — Deploy & Iterate
- IN PROGRESS — Assess codeArena audit feedback and make changes where required
- Fresh deploy of the V2 protocol to testnet for community stress testing
- Deploy Protocol V2 to Binance Smart Chain mainnet
- Enable Bond allocations to replenish TVL into the V2 pools
- Deploy Lending to testnet
- March onwards with our original goals of building the decentralised, yield-generating, solo staking, leveraged synthetics and derivatives + lending protocol on Binance Smart Chain
No commits to any public repos this week, with the contributors all hands on deck to help with codeArena and the post-contest tasks.
The issue-triage work is expected to be completed by today with moving to the next phase for the C4 judges to begin helping sort through the issues.
- Website: https://spartanprotocol.org/
- DApp: https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/
- GitBook (Docs): https://docs.spartanprotocol.org/
- GitHub: https://github.com/spartan-protocol
Spartan Protocol is at its core, a community-driven and led project. In this vein, the more contributors the better. There is a great opportunity for community members to contribute by making LP reward analysis tools, etc.
Recently, community members have been graciously funnelling in to contribute to explainer articles, ideas and even $SPARTA donations to support the growth of the platform.
Engage with the community and contributors
Where to find out about all the latest updates or suggest improvements — get involved.
- Medium: https://medium.com/spartanprotocol
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/spartanprotocol
- Telegram Community: https://t.me/spartanprotocolorg
- Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/spartanprotocolann
- Community-Built Discord: https://discord.gg/wQggvntnGk
Community Bounty Wallet
Whilst there is no treasury nor contributor allocations, there was a public community bounty wallet set up a while ago to help handle donations from the community and other incentive programs (BNB from the Binance BUIDl program was sent here) which can be viewed here: