It’s been another productive week with getting some movement with CEX’s to support the upgrade from V1 to V2 SPARTA tokens.
It’s fantastic to see that approximately 92% of tokens are upgraded to SPARTA v2 ready for use on the SpartanProtocol v2 inbound soon.
CodeArena Audit — Crowdfunding Drive
This week continues to see donations for the audit continue to roll in. We still need your support, all donations help ensure the V2 Protocol contracts get a thorough review from many angles.
Now that the SpartanProtocol v2 contracts are complete, a crowdfunding drive has begun to help fund extensive auditing via a CodeArena contest.
If you can donate, big or small, every contribution helps this community project achieve its full goal of $96k as soon as possible to ensure that Spartan Protocol is in a prime position to release the V2 contracts and dApp into the market.
Donate Here: — https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/codearena
Don’t Have Your v1 Tokens on a CEX?
No problems; upgrade today
You can use the Spartan Protocol Upgrade DApp to upgrade your SPARTA tokens yourself.
Upgrade DApp — https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/upgrade
Bit-Rush Crypto has created a video guide on using the SpartanProtocol Upgrade DApp — timestamp 3:20. Nice work SPARTANS!!
Community contributors have been putting in the time to update and refine the main webpage for Spartan Protocol. Feedback, suggestions and contributions are welcome. Reach out in the telegram channels if you want to help.
Spartan Protocol | Liquidity Protocol on Binance Smart Chain
Spartan Protocol provides community-governed and programmable token emissions functions to incentivize the formation of…
Some new & old community members have put their hands up recently to help get the Spartan Protocol GitBook to reflect current progress and iterations of the protocol — head over and check it out to learn more.
This will be an ongoing focus for the wider community to contribute towards. Phase one of the documentation is almost padded out ready for a translation phase to begin.
Spartan Socials — Twitter
Top Community Mention:
SpartanSocials — Medium
SpartanSocials — Telegram
Phase 1 — SPARTA V2 (Token) — Completed!
Phase 2 — Spartan Protocol V2 (Protocol) — In Progress
SPARTA V2 (Token)
- FINAL STAGES— Work with the centralised exchanges (CEX) listing SPARTA to ensure that SPARTA holders all have their tokens upgraded as simply as possible. It is expected that CEX holders will not need to perform any specific actions to have their tokens exchanged for V2 tokens (Binance, BKEX, MXC etc)
- ONGOING — Work with DEXs & aggregators to ensure the new SPARTA token address is added to their lists as the primary address for SPARTA (retiring the previous contract address) (1inch, PancakeSwap etc)
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Work with token-tracking informational websites to ensure new token info is added and verified (BSCscan, CoinGecko, CoinMarketCap etc)
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Continued updating and stringent testing of V2 contracts to suit the changes made against the base token contract, and ensure the V2 contract suite is in a complete and stable position ready for a CodeArena community review and bounty period
- CONTRACTS READY; CAMPAIGN BEING ORGANISED — Put the contracts through a code review process on CodeArena. Rough estimate of mid-July for the contest.
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Continue the code review process within the community
- COMPLETED & ONGOING — Update the V2 DApp to suit any required contract changes/upgrades
- COMPLETED — Create DAO hub for proposal management (This was extended to a complete DAO instead of simple-DAO)
- COMPLETED — Test bond process from start to finish via UI (propose bond allocation, vote it in, finalise it, and then proceed to bond assets and test the weight from that in the DAOVault, and other proposals)
- FINAL STAGES — Rip out all the old libraries and rebuild using one component library; refactor and cleanup style sheets as we go to reduce the overall project size ready for larger-scale community contribution on mainnet
- INCOMPLETE — Add a calculable APY figure to the synthVault
Phase 3 — Deploy & Iterate (Dependent on CodeArena Completion)
- Deploy Protocol V2 to Binance Smart Chain mainnet
- Enable Bond allocations to replenish TVL into the V2 pools
- Deploy Lending to testnet
- March onwards with our original goals of building the decentralised, yield-generating, solo staking, leveraged synthetics and derivatives + lending protocol on Binance Smart Chain
GitHub Activity — SpartanContractsV2
Just like last week; with the contracts ready for CodeArena review; only minor changes to the contracts to help with UI integration for the DApp contributors or readability of the contracts
- Added genesis and 30day revenue mappings to provide a way of calculating an APY in the dapp for the synthVault
- Changed harvestAll to loop harvestSingle instead (refactor)
- harvestSingle — changed to public so that harevstAll can call it. Also added call of _addVaultMetrics to help track APY
- _addVaultMetrics — handle month/new month for reward calc
GitHub Activity — SpartanDAppV2
- Added Turkish flag and selection
- RecentTxns listeners uncommented ready for the updated component
- Backdrop component added for the drawer
- Drawer component added for the RecentTxns component
- Discord added to the footer
- RecentTxns drawer added just above the footer
- Updated component as a drawer for the footer
- Added Turkish locale/option
- Added Turkish translation files
There is a PR ready which rips out a lot of the library bloat and changes over the generic components to all be react-bootstrap. This also updates to Bootstrap 5.0 at the same time. The PR has 8 conflicts which will need to be manually worked through early this week before it can be merged.
GitHub Activity — SpartanSite
- Added Discord to the footer of all pages
- Website: https://spartanprotocol.org/
- DApp: https://dapp.spartanprotocol.org/
- GitBook (Docs): https://docs.spartanprotocol.org/
- GitHub: https://github.com/spartan-protocol
Spartan Protocol is at its core, a community-driven and led project. In this vein, the more contributors the better. There is a great opportunity for community members to contribute by making LP reward analysis tools, etc.
Recently, community members have been graciously funnelling in to contribute to explainer articles, ideas and even $SPARTA donations to support the growth of the platform.
Engage with the community and contributors
Where to find out about all the latest updates or suggest improvements — get involved.
- Medium: https://medium.com/spartanprotocol
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/spartanprotocol
- Telegram Community: https://t.me/spartanprotocolorg
- Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/spartanprotocolann
- Community-Built Discord: https://discord.com/invite/wQggvntnGk
Community Bounty Wallet
Whilst there is no treasury nor contributor allocations, there was a public community bounty wallet set up a while ago to help handle donations from the community and other incentive programs (BNB from the Binance BUIDl program was sent here) which can be viewed here: