DevUpdate: DappV2 | SpartanContractsV2 | Twitter Passes 10k Followers
Continued development of SpartanProtocol DAppV2 and migration strategy for ContractV2 upgrade.
SpartanProtocol Twitter profile sails past 10,000 followers — this has been entirely organic growth with the profile being run entirely by a few contributors in their spare time. Speaking of; anyone who is up for helping create tweet content/ideas each day/week please reach out in the community channels to contribute.
The real drive for social media interaction and adoption is being saved for when the impending Synths goes live; which will be a real call to arms for maximum support from the shield wall to help and educate the wider community.
Spartan Socials — Twitter
Top Community Mention:
SpartanSocials — Medium
SpartanSocials — Telegram
GitHub Activity — SpartanContractsV2
With the first phase of the new contracts ready for mainnet, the current focus has been ensuring the migration process is as smooth as possible. There were some minor ‘nice-to-haves’ changes with the contracts this week, but no major changes required from an important migration and pools perspective. All automated tests are showing green ticks!
The next step here will be to release the new SpartanPoolV2 contracts and migration contracts at the same time as a ‘lite’ DAppV2.
We should consider the migration from the SPT1 to SPT2 contracts the most critical component of the immediate future of Spartan Protocol; making sure it is simple and easy for all existing Liquidity Pool token holders to migrate to the new SPT2 pools from a simple ‘migration’ page with a simple set of steps signed by your wallet in the correct order, and ensuring that Bond LP tokens are migrated easily as well. The migration contract will handle all BondV2 & BondV3 members to a combined BondV4 to reduce the UX issues involved in claiming multiple bond versions.
With that out the way, the focus will then be on delivering the Compound and Lending contracts whilst the UX contributors refine the process for Spartans to use LP tokens to establish their CDP, mint synthetic assets, and then un-mint (burn) their synths to allow access to their initial LP tokens as required.
- Changed contracts to allow SPT1 and SPT2 to run together for an intrum
- Move dao weight handling to DaoVault
- Dao member / weight testing and bigNumber handling
- Cull comments to save gas and contract size
- Final DAO automated testing since recent changes
- Final Synths automated testing since recent changes
- Final BondMigration automated testing since recent changes
- Add BondVault for modular, easier future upgrades and compartmentalized function/asset handling
- BondVault automated testing
- Fresh testnet contracts for new testnet deploy (and for updating dappv2 consts)
- UtilsV2 fix getPoolShareAssym() helper (token -> pool)
- Cleanup DaoVault: removed duplicates & unused mappings
- Add ‘getTokens’ related functions back into UtilsV2 to make calls to get the poolsArrays info easier via the UI
GitHub Activity — SpartanDAppV2
- Point to fresh testnet contracts
- Add bondVault store and related functions + helpers
- Bond testing
- Adjust/fix tests & functions to suit new contracts
- Pointed to fresh testnet contracts
- Add daoVault store and functions / helpers
- Initial commit for poolFactory store & functions/helpers
- Fix devTool conflict; fix walletConnect double-QR code issue
- DataManager (array puller/updater/handler) built from count to finalArray (stage 1)
- DataManager added some checks to refresh array on certain conditions
- Added ‘curated’ bool to the finalArray
- Fixed some tests and disabled others that are dependant on an established (and non-migrating ecosystem)
- Liquidity page from init to txnHandling of ‘add both’
- Add ext call loop for SpartaPrice (CoinGecko)
- Pointed to new daoVault
- DataManager — remove poolArray & poolCount calls; they arent required
- DataManager init cleanup
- Fixed tests
- Created the ‘loader’ component & ‘spinner’ component
- ‘Add Both’ stage 1 complete
- Liquidity page swapped to ‘tab’ style for 4 options: ‘Add Both’ + ‘Add Single’ + ‘Remove Both’ + ‘Remove Single’
- ‘Add Single’ functionality init
- ‘Allowance/Approval’ component/handler init
- Cleanup localStorage; especially ‘assetSelected#’ handling
- Rename/refactor the ‘liquidity’ page to clean it up a bit
- Finish ‘add single’ functionality
- On DApp-load the metamask change-network modal will be triggered if on wrong network (to supplement the existing behaviours)
- Added LP holdings to finalArrayLP
- Init and finish ‘remove both’ functionality
- Refactor ‘remove both’
- DataManager — larger cleanup
Current Contributor’s Focus
- LoanVault V1
- MasterLoan V1
- Finalise migration-UI
- Finish building out phase 1 functionality
- Test start-to-finish migration from testnet V1 to testnet V2 (within UI)
- DAO page
- Lending page
- FAQ page
- Video & text guides
Spartan Protocol is at its core, a community-driven and led project. In this vein, the more contributors the better. There is a great opportunity for community members to contribute by making LP reward analysis tools, etc.
Recently, community members have been graciously funnelling in to contribute to explainer articles, ideas and even $SPARTA donations to support the growth of the platform.
Engage with the community and contributors
Where to find out about all the latest updates or suggest improvements — get involved.
- Github: https://github.com/spartan-protocol
- Medium: https://medium.com/spartanprotocol
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/spartanprotocol
- Telegram Community: https://t.me/spartanprotocolorg
- Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/spartanprotocolann
- Telegram Bounties Channel: https://t.me/SpartanProtocolBounties
GitHub list of bounties available
New issue Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its…
Reach out on telegram to get involved: https://t.me/SpartanProtocolBounties